21 February 2010

Swim Meet at KIS

Swim For Him


This past weekend we had our first swim meet of the season! It was at KIS (Korean International School), about 40 minutes away from our school. We had about 24 students go with us, 3 of which didn't swim due to various reasons. We also had the 3 coaches, me, Timmy, and Ms. Sam Rushing (she is also the aquatics assistant).

The meet went great! We did not win, however the swimmers put forth some great races. We had an A and B relay team for the 200 Medley and 200 Freestyle relays. Our girls B relay for the 200 medley placed first in their heat (not first in the meet)! When the last girl came in and touched the wall, you would have thought they won an Olympic event. They were jumping and screaming and hugging each other. It was a great site to see! It was also encouraging see bonds so early in the season, and to know that they will only advance, both as friends and as swimmers, throughout the season.

Well, Tim was hard a work cheering the team on, giving advice before races, etc. I on the other hand ended the meet with a very sore forearm. I was the unofficial photographer for the meet. I took over 300 pictures of our swimmers! I have finally gone through and edited most of them (mind you this is NOT on photoshop, just your basic Picasa, so the quality of the pictures has not changed much from the originals). I obviously can't upload all 300 of them, but here are a few:












YISS Guardians

No comments:

Post a Comment