--------------------------------------------
*I sit down, or rest against, the steps to the lifeguard stand. It is an awkward position, belly poking out (even more that it already does), back arched, somewhat bent over my knees... the steps are straight up and down which makes for a difficult place to sit. As I rest, one of our Junior swimmers says "why don't you sit in a chair"? I then replied, "There aren't really any, and I'll probably just end up sitting on the floor (which was covered with water)". The student replied, "There are a lot of chairs over there (he points across the pool). Would you like one? I'll go get one"; and off he went before I could answer. I watched as he and another student walked around the pool and asked a coach from another team if he could use one of the chairs all their bags were sitting on. (I have no idea if he told the coach it was for his pregnant coach). A few minutes later he was offering for me to sit down. -- These are the types of students we have at our school!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so blessed to work with them. *--------------------------------------------
We got 5th overall (out of 10 teams). We lost to OSAN by 4 points. Sadly, we had one girl DQ (Disqualify) in one of her events, which we came to find out would she not have DQ'd we would have tied OSAN... she now knows this information, and feels really bad about it. It is a learning moment for her! -- oh, and it was our only DQ!
Anyways, there isn't a whole lot to post on about the meet, so here are some pictures...
Sorry there aren't better or more pictures. I can't post pictures of student's faces, due to privacy.
--------------------------------------------
March 9 : sign up for Elementary Swim Team, which will begin after Spring Break
March 10: Dr. Appointment... 3D ultrasound & blood sugar test
March 16: HS Swim Meet at SIS (I can't go because we also have after school swim lessons that day, so Tim will be the only coach there)
March 19 - 27: Spring Break!! (20th- 26th we will be in Bali)








So glad I checked out this page = I don't think to do it often enough. Love the action shots - you really are good with the camera. Love seeing "Ti" 'hanging out" )ha ha) a lot at the pool. Don't forget to swim some laps with him - they love it. Also sing and play lots of music and never forget to dance! There's the extent of your kinetic nana's advice.
ReplyDelete