This past week we have been at the pre-field orientation (pfo) for the program that we will be going to Seoul through, Network of International Christian Schools (NICS). Throughout this time we have learned all about the program itself, the children we will be working with, generalizations about the school, plus we have been meeting several of our new co-workers. We are in seminars/classes from 8am to about 8pm everyday. The pfo will continue for another week, but for now we have a day off, or shall I say a day of rest.
It has been so encouraging meeting many people that the Lord has called to serve Him overseas. There are close to 200 people at the pfo, and about 25-30 of them will be with us in Seoul. Among those 25-30 there are about 5 young couples, close to our age, that we have gotten the chance to know. Although we are all from different places, have different backgrounds, and different personalities, we all have one thing in common... moving 1/2 way around the world, leaving our families and friends. Over 5 days we have gotten rather personal with one another; it makes me wonder why? because we know we must depend on one another? because we know we MUST be friends or we will be alone? or simply because we enjoy one another?
I don't always know why God puts certain people in my life. I think I know why He has put these couples here now, however what I think is usually not what He has in store; which is an amazing thing in and of itself. I try to remember... although I may loose/leave friends and I may gain them that in every situation, city, culture, and country HE will remain my constant friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment