During our first week back in the US I decided I was going to throw Courtney a baby shower! So, as we took the 8-9 hour drive to Bristol, TN for a wedding, I drew up my plans; I drew out the decorations, made a list of things to buy, got approval to hold the shower at my mom's place, oh and of course make sure the soon-to-be-mommy was available. I set the date for 3 weeks later, June 26th. Since my sister lives in Texas, and she doesn't have many friends in Memphis, therefore I decided it would be a simple family shower.
Once we returned to Memphis I got right to it. I searched for invitations, but came to find out the cute ones were just way over priced. So, I decided I would make them...
The week before the shower my mom was out of town, which gave me a lot of time to get prepared. I went to her house 2 nights that week and began setting everything up. My sister was arriving Thursday night, and I wanted all of the decorations up so she could see the final product, rather than feeling as if she needed to help set things up on Saturday (she was staying at my mom's all weekend). So I got to work and here is the final products...
Advice for the new mom, and Guess the Number of M&Ms
Scarlett Elise Shehee
Baby clothes that my sister wore, along with pictures of her as a baby, wearing the outfits
I switched out most of the picture frames with pictures of Courtney as a child... the family loved this!
During the Shower
The shower was a success, we had about 15 people show up, which was perfect! My mom said she couldn't believe that the first baby shower I attended ... I also gave :)!!





KRISTIN!!! It looked BEAUTIFUL! Like I expected anything less. Love the picture of the four generations, and the diaper cake is adorable. Target diapers are totally the best for that!
ReplyDelete