Well, it's that time again. School begins tomorrow morning! There isn't a whole lot to write about just yet, but there are some pictures to be shared :)... For the past week, we have had a lot of teacher orientation sessions and have been setting up our classrooms. Yes, that's right, I have a classroom this year... well sort of. Our Student Learning Center (SLC is composed of 3 people, our head hauncho :Blair, our Reading Specialist, Beth, and Me, the Math Specialist).. I know, I know I'm not much of a specialist when it comes to math, but that's my title. Anyways, the SLC is in one room this year (last year it was in 2). So Beth and I share a classroom. It is nice and big, yet sort of an odd shape. So, after a day, or so, of moving and re-moving furniture we finally have it how we want it. Beth has groups of up to 6 kids at a time, I only have 2 kids at a time... so we set it up focused on Beth's classes. Now, I can come in and use the desks in the main room (you will see below), however I think I will like me small, quaint little corner. Anyways, I'm starting to feel settled into the room.. not just to fill it with little voices ... soon enough!
So..... (drum roll please).... Here is my classroom...
Calendar and Slots for Kids' books (for Reading)--to the right in that room is our Library Center and my Math Corner (pictured below)
Second View... you can see our computer center to the right... our Magnetic Board center (blue)... our table for Middle School Students... The reading Word Wall... and Beth's white board
My Math Corner...
My small window in My math corner
A View fro up front... in the Reading Group Area.... my desk is on the far left side of the picture by the windows
So, I commented on this post a while ago but I don't see it. I really LOVE your classroom! It looks awesome! I hope school is going well so far. I love you and miss you!!
ReplyDelete