02 September 2010

Typhoon Day

Well, it's Thursday, however there are no students at the school.... it's Typhoon day! Tim and I woke up this morning to a 6am phone call announcing the cancelation of school for the day due to the Typhoon.... a typhoon? I have never heard of a school getting out for that, but I'll take it!

The weather has not been too bad, just some rain and winds up to 30 mph this morning. It has stopped for now, but is predicted to start up again at 2pm. Our power went out at our villa around 8 or 9am, so we decided to sleep some more. After a nap or two, we decided to head to the school to do some work... which has ended up being Tim watching tv, and me Skyping and writing this blog! So... now for the point of this post....

We have now been in school for 1 month. It has gone by rather fast too! It is going great thus far! Right now I have 6 students.... two 3rd graders whom I work with in their classroom; one fifth grader, whom I work with one on one; two second graders, one whom I work with one on one, and the other is paired with a first grader. More students may need services later in the year, but for now this is who I have.

Now for the things that have happened, besides school...

1. Tim taught a CPR course one saturday for staff (coaches); I babysat one of the staff members little girl, Mika, so her parents could both take the course.

2. Larry Benedict (Cade's dad) is a FedEx pilot. He flew through Seoul and had a quick layover. Tim and I picked him up from his hotel, took him to all-you-can-eat Galbi, and then showed him our villa.





3. We have gone to Ryan and Abby's apartment several time for dinner.. Abby is not working this year, because she will be having a baby soon; therefore she has been doing a lot of cooking. We tried to talk her into being our chef!



4. Tim has gone to the dentist here in Seoul. He found out he needs a lot of work done, including a root canal.

5. WE CELEBRATED OUR 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!- August 30, 2008 -
(check the next post for more details)



Upcoming Events:
1. September 4 - Baby Shower for Abby
2. September 11 - First Cross Country meet (Tim is coaching, and I have been running with the team some. I will go to the meet to take pictures as I did last year)
3. September 17 - 12 hour run with Cross Country (They are doing like an 8pm - 8am run up on our soccer field. They will put teams together, and tag team the full 12 hours, someone will always be running!!)
4. September 20-24 - No School, Chusok Holiday
5. September 24 or 25 - Danny is coming to Seoul
6. Last but not least, sometime the end of September, Scarlett Elise Shehee will be born!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment