Ever since we moved here, I have noticed my hair falling out more frequently. I am afraid that if it continues I will go bald within the next 5 years. Tim CAN'T STAND IT! My hair comes out and gets all in the shower, the bed, and all over the floors. It is actually quiet annoying. So, over the past few weeks I have talked about getting my hair cut, but just wasn't sure about doing it in Korea. Especially after Tim's experience. He went towards the end of last year and told the Korean lady, "chokum" (little)... like he wanted a little off.. well, I believe she took it as he wanted it short. She just kept cutting and cutting.
Well, anyways, as you can guess, I went to get my hair cut today. My friend Abby told me of a guy who does a great job, and understands English (he studied in London for a few years). Anyways, I called and got an appointment for the same day; however, not with the guy, with someone else who was available. No big deal, I've never been one to care too much about getting my hair cut. Off I went. I traveled on the subway for 30 minutes to arrive at the Salon, by myself. I had a few pictures on my iPod touch to show the stylist what I wanted; which honestly I wasn't sure what I wanted, I just wanted it cut off!
The salon was great! Everyone there spoke English. As I waited they offered me a drink. Then a guy came over to take me to wash my hair. Well.. here is the reason I will go back to this place!...It was not your ordinary salon hair wash.. it was a massage! The guy massaged my head as he shampooed. Oh, it was nice! After the wash, came the cut... the chairs were soooo comfortable, by the way... the girl said is this okay, as she pulled my hair back and in one fell swoop chopped it ALL off right above my shoulders(she even offered for me to keep the thick long locks held together with a rubber band, but I politely declined; what am I going to do with my old hair?)... then she proceeded to cut and style my hair.
Needless to say, it was a great experience, not what I expected.
And now.... the cut...
BEFORE
AFTER
OOOOOOH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN YOUR HAIR THAT SHORT!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so good! You look like a different person, but you look great!! It looks so much thinner too. Did she thin it or is it just straightened a lot? Is it a lot more upkeep? I like it :)