Considering my sister just had a baby in late September, she has been quite busy learning to be a mommy, along with Christmas shopping and going back to work. So, the fact that she pulled off such a great/thoughtful party is pretty amazing. I won't bore you with many details, but I just had to share her creativeness!
My baby room theme is elephants... The reason: I have grown up liking them. When I was young I received an elephant stuffed animal from my grandparents. I named the elephant "Ellie" and since then I have always loved elephants. I even got to ride one when we were in Thailand last Spring (pictures can be seen here). Anyways, for a long time now, I have known I was going to decorate my baby's room with Elephants (even before I was pregnant). My sister decided to incorporate my elephant theme into the shower theme....
Decorating and getting things ready
Me and my "belly" (15 weeks)
The Decorations
You may think that this cake is offensive, but it is not, I promise. It says welcome(in Korean) Baby FOOL. FOOL is the nickname we have given our baby in womb. FOOL is an acronym that stands for "Fruit Of Our Loins" (this nicknames comes from Tim's best friend Cade).
The Soon-to-be-Parents
Opening Gifts
My niece, Scarlett, was the life of the party!
Our Friends, Ryan and Abby, live with us in Korea. Abby is from Memphis, and just so happened to be intown the night of the shower, so they stopped by with their son, Ezra. Scarlett and Ezra were born 1 week apart....If you are worried about me giving birth in Korea, Ezra is proof that things will be okay :).
Ezra and Scarlett Meeting (Ryan is holding Ezra and Courtney is holding Scarlett)
They loved Ezra's singing Panda toy
Thank you Courtney!!!!
OH KRISTIN!! I so wish I could have been there! How wonderful! From the pictures, it seems you grew an itty bitty belly since I saw you! How fun!
ReplyDelete