30 March 2011

Baby FOOL- March

Well, March has officially flown by! The last time I posted about FOOL was over a month ago... sorry. Lots has happened since then.

Anyways, our last doctor's visit was about 3 weeks ago March 10th. At the visit, they conducted a 3D ultrasound (25 minutes long!) and did a blood sugar test.

The 3D ultrasound was much better than I anticipated! I always thought they looked creepy and alien like. I don't know if it is because it was my own son, or what, but it was amazing! We could see every detail! They spent 25 minutes on the entire ultrasound, which I thought was crazy. Tim and I both sat there and kept thinking.. This must be the last image... oh ok, well maybe this one... It was such a blessing to not be rushed through it. We received, as we usually do, a copy of the full ultrasound on video, along with a strip of about 12 ultrasound pictures! I pulled them out to show some friends, and felt like a parent who has a wallet full of pictures.

Anyways, everything is still going great! There have been zero complications or problems, and we are extremely blessed by that!


-------------------------------------------------------------


March Update


Due Date: June 21, 2011

Gender: Male

Mom's total weight gain thus far: about 3kg (7 lbs) since my last visit 
At my Dr. visit before we came home(Dec. 2), I was 64.2 kg = 142.6 lbs
January Dr. visit (6 weeks later) I was 65/66 kg = 145 lbs
February Dr. Visit (4 weeks later) I was 69 kg = 152 lbs
March Dr. visit (4 weeks later) I was 72 kg = 158.7 lbs

Dad to be: Tim is so loving towards the baby bump.  He likes to feel him kicking any chance he gets! Tim has been busy, and will continue to be very busy over the next month with swimming and Red Cross things. I am very proud of him and how hard he works! He is more excited about FOOL than he shows, and he already loves him a lot! 

Health of mom and baby: Continuing to grow!... both of us. The belly is getting bigger each week, however some people tell me I am small for being 6 months along... which is fine with me. Every day I have at least 3 people ask me how I am feeling. I always have the same response "good!". I feel sort of lame for just saying good, but it's the truth..I am feeling good! I love being pregnant! The only pains I have had are my feet/ back getting sore after standing or walking a lot, and my tailbone feeling like it bruised. Really though, I don't think they are worth complaining about. I haven't had much trouble sleeping (thanks to the awesome memory foam mattress pad my mom was able to get to us). --- This past week, during my 27th week, we took our "baby moon" to Bali, Indonesia. It was really warm, and a lot of fun and relaxing times. It was exactly what we needed! I was able to fit into 2 of my old swim suits, and was given a maternity swim suit; so I was set! ... Anyways, I will post more on Bali later. 



Belly Progression Pictures.... 
to see earlier progression pictures go here


24 weeks


25 weeks


26 weeks 


 27 weeks (In Bali)



I am now in my 3rd Trimester... 3 months/12 weeks, and he will be here! 

-------------------------------------------------------------



Upcoming
April 2        (this Sat.) we are hosting a HS swim meet 
April 7         Dr. visit (I will be 29 weeks along)
April 20       we host another HS swim meet
April 21       I have a day off of work!!!!!!!!!!
April 20       NO SCHOOL- Good Friday
April 29-30  HS Swim Team Championships
....
June 3          Last Day of school



1 comment:

  1. Love love love reading the updates on how you and the baby are progressing! I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete