12 April 2011

Bali ~ Last Day

Bali: Last day (day 5)

Our last day in Bali was another long one! Our flight wasn't leaving until 1:30 am; which means we had the entire day before packing up and heading to the airport around 10pm.

Originally, we didn't book a room for that night. We figured we could find a cheap hotel or something close to the airport to leave our luggage in... Tim decided to ask the front desk at our hotel, the Ramada, what it would cost for us to not check out until 10pm, instead of 11am. After a few minutes, we walked away with getting a late check out and only paying $40! Someone else was checking into our room, so they had to move us, which they actually upgraded us to a pool side room for the day! It was great! So, we left our bags in the room, and headed to the beach at the hotel.

We spent most of the morning at the beach, listening to music and reading. Around 1 we headed up to the pool and stayed there for the rest of the afternoon.



Once we realized we were sunburnt, we headed indoors... p.s. I was very dumb that day; I put on lots of sunscreen, but spent the entire time in the direct sun! I got rather burnt, and am still peeling (2 weeks later). Anyways, we headed inside and got cleaned up. We then decided to go to the Bali Collection, a mall, for the evening. There wasn't too much to do but walk around at the mall. They had some decent stores, but most things were over priced... However they did have an UNO restaurant. Anyways, we just walked around passing time before dinner.

 Yes to get "into" the mall you had to go through security metal detectors
 A view of the mall... the UNO is to the right


For dinner we stop at one of the places in the mall. It was sort of like a Brazilian steakhouse. Tim decided to get that, and I got Beef Cordon Bleu, because I didn't think I would eat enough to verify the cost of the Brazilian buffet. The meal ended up being delicious!



After dinner we headed back to the hotel and just showered and got ready for the flight. Around 10 pm we headed to the airport!


And that was our trip to Bali!


For Day 1 click here
For Day 2 click here
For Day 3 click here
For Day 4 click here

2 comments:

  1. It seems like such a fun, relaxing, cool trip that you all got to take! So glad you got a little baby-moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful trip!! I'm so glad y'all got to do that :) I loved seeing all the pictures! I love you so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete