Okay so the KAIAC championships. Probably, 2 of the most exciting/proud days of the year for Tim and I. The championships is what any coach trains the team for day in and day out. Our team trained hard!!! Tim planned out the flow of the season right from the beginning allowing the students to have 1-2 weeks right before championships to "taper". I can't rave and rant enough on how awesome of a coach my husband has become. However, I plan to keep this post short, so I won't go into it now.
Our swimmers did very well at the Championships. They had set the goal to beat one specific team, and they did just that! Our girl's team was very strong this year, placing the highest in school history at the championships! At the 2 day championships meet, we had 9 broken school records! - 2 of them by one of our freshman girls(50 breaststroke & 100 breaststroke; placing 2nd in both races)- another was broken by one of our senior girls in her last high school race ever (it is a record that she has been extremely close to in the past, but it was just barely out of her reach in the 50 backstroke)- I believe I was on an emotional high those 2 days. Tim and I could not be more proud of our swimmers; not just in the effort they put forth, but also in their attitudes and support for one another.
After the championships the coaches gather around and vote on a few awards... Coach of the year/season award, Girls team spirit award, and Boys team spirit award. Out of all 3 categories our school received EVERY award! So, pile that along with 9 broken records, our students were THRILLED! Oh, and I haven't even mentioned what place we got... the girls were 3rd (record!), the boys were 5th, and combined we were 4th (I believe this is a first as well). - last year we were 5th overall- Oh and there are 11 teams total.
I wrote an article about the coach of the year for our school's athletic page. To see the article click Coach of the Year .
So, in grand total:
Girls 3rd!!
Boys 5th!!
Combined 4th!!
4- All conference swimmers
6- All tournament Swimmers
7- School records
Boys Team Spirit Award
Girls Team Spirit Award
Coaches Award
One very proud team!
Coaches race... I obviously did not participate :)
coaches award
No comments:
Post a Comment