03 May 2011

End of April - Baby Update

Well, it is now May! Can you believe it? Time has flown by... I will try to stop saying this, considering I say it just about every post. Anyways, I had a Dr. visit this past Thursday, April 28th. This will be a rather short update, considering the previous one was not but a few weeks ago.

---------------------------------------------------------


End of April Update: 
Due Date: June 21, 2011
Gender: still a boy!!!!! -- as can clearly be seen on his last ultrasound ;)
Name: see the end of this post

Mom's Weight gain:
for previous weight gain click here.
Beginning of April (April 7) I was 73.5kg = 162 lbs
This visit (April 28th) I had gained  1 kg  So I am now at a whopping 74.5 kg = 164 lbs

Dad to be: Things are getting a little easier for Tim. He is still busy, but soon that should be over. This past weekend we had our HS swim team championships; which means High school season is now over... no more practices. (I will post all about the swim meet later) We still have Elementary swim team 2 days a week and swim lessons 1 day a week, but not having 5 other practices on top of it all is such a relief. This week Tim his beginning his work to get his Instructor Trainer's license with Red Cross. So, this week I won't have much of a husband, but starting next week things should lighten up! Oh and Tim was accepted into an online Masters program through University of California, Utah. He is going to begin this summer. It is a year long program to earn his Masters in Rehabilitation Sciences.

Health of Mom and Baby: We are both healthy, and moving smoothly into the final weeks. Baby is now 2kg = 4.4lbs, which is normal. I am feeling PREGNANT.. which you are probably thinking, well duh, because you are. Well, nieve me thought I might slip through the pregnancy without getting the aches and pains that you so stereotypically hear about. Sadly, I was wrong. I am now at the stage where everything sort of feels awkward. I told you about how it is difficult to sleep in my last post; well other things are now being effected by my largeness. I am so large, that simply putting on my shoes takes my breath away... If I even try to lean forward while I am sitting, FOOL gets mad and starts moving like crazy, head butting my hips, and booty bumping my ribs (yes, that's right, he is head down!!!!). The only way for me to lean forward as I sit, is to spread my knees about 2 feet apart so my belly can slip between my legs. -- very attractive-- I get very hungry, but after I've eaten, I feel like the girl on Willy Wonka who turns purple and has to be rolled away; these are also the times I notice myself "waddling" as I walk. Lets see how else I can portray my changing body... Ah, yes, the lump. I now have a wonderful lump that sticks out from under every shirt. If I haven't eaten, it doesn't stick out much, and Tim has told me it looks like a valley under my shirt, but once I start eating for the day... the valley becomes a lump... the lump is my belly button...Oh, and the swelling. I don't have it bad, yet, but I have noticed my ankels looking more like kankels(sp?) after standing up for long periods of time (i.e. cooking, coaching).                           Now don't get me wrong, I am still LOVING the experience of being pregnant!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------


Belly Progression Pictures: 

31 weeks - as posted last time


32 weeks

---------------------------------------------------------


You no longer have to call him baby FOOL.
You may call him ...

Titus Jae Linn


Titus means defender, and our prayer for Titus is that he will grow up to be a defender of his faith and of his family. Jae is a Korean name. As you know Titus will be born here in Korea and will live here the first year or so of his life, so we wanted to commemorate that. (Jae is also the name of our pastor here in Seoul, and will most likely be the man to baptise Titus.- but we did not name him after our pastor necessarily). 
---------------------------------------------------------



Upcoming: 
May 5 : NO SCHOOL:  My Baby Shower
May 7: Jr/Sr. Banquet ( we are teaching swing and waltz)
May 14: NICS Banquet (with the school)
May 19: next Dr. visit
May 20: MOVE INTO OUR HOUSE!!!!
May 21: Spring Bazaar (with the school)
May 26: My last day to teach
May 28: HS Graduation ; Swim Invitational held at YISS
June 3: Last day of school
June 21: DUE DATE!! 

2 comments:

  1. I kept switching between laughing out loud at your descriptions of being pregnant, and then turning to Dan and saying "gosh...pregnancy sounds rough".

    I'm so glad you're both healthy. I can't wait to mype my new nephew ("Mype" meaning "meet over skype"). AND can't wait to see pics of the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Timmy!! And KJ, you are so amazing!!! I'm getting so anxious about meeting (or "myping" according to Kelly) Titus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I also can't wait to see pictures of the new house! And tell Timmy to make a video of the new house like he did the first time y'all moved over there :)

    I miss you so much and love you even more!

    ReplyDelete