Wow, I just realized how long it's been since my last post... 9 months! sad.
Well, I may have to do some updating on family matters at another time; sorry to disappoint. Fear not however, this post is all about a DELICIOUS DESSERT that I just have to share.
I have been watching an old TLC show "Take Home Chef" in my spare time. Each episode is only 20 minutes; so I can watch one, be satisfied but not waist nap time. Recently I saw one with a dessert that looked simple enough to pull off at home. I looked on the show's website and found that this said recipe was not given, so I made it just as they showed on the show (no details provided).
Tim said it was one of the best desserts he has had... so I'd say it was successful!
Peanut butter ice cream on top fried plantains (aka bananas)
Ingredients:
Bananas - 1 per serving
Vanilla Ice cream
your choice of peanut butter
Flour
Ice
water
oil for frying
For the Ice Cream:
1. Let the vanilla ice cream soften a little, scoop it into a bowl with peanut butter 1/4 - 1/2 a cup depending on how much vanilla ice cream you have.
2. Using either a spoon or a potato masher, mix the ice cream and peanut butter.
3. Place the mixture into a freezer safe container (back in the original Ice cream container works well). Then back into the freezer it goes.
For the Bananas:
1. Peel Bananas & cut them into 3-4 chunks per banana. For flair you can cut them at an angle (ooOOO!)
2. Pour a generous amount of four into a bowl.
3. Pour a generous amount of oil into a pan for frying (enough to either cover the banana entirely; the easier way; or just enough to cover 1/2 the banana which will require you to turn the bananas over at some point)
4. Toss the bananas in the flour then set them aside.
5. As the oil is heating (Medium - Low). Put a few ice cubes in the flour and a decent amount water. Mix the flour mixture making sure all the flour has been wet (you want it kind of soupy not thick).
6. Dip bananas into the ice flour mixture.
7. Fry the bananas in the oil, watch until they turn a light caramel color... this may require turning them if you only filled up the pan 1/2 oil.
8. remove the Bananas and place in a bowl- about 3 peices per serving. Top with the Peanut butter Ice cream and serve immediately!
"Take Home Chef"
Chef Curtis Stone
Season 1 Episode 45 dessert
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment