We finished our shopping (we shop by pictures now since we can't read what things really are),

and headed to the checkout counter. Well, Tim all of a sudden stopped and said, "oh, I haven't been adding this up, I'm not sure we have enough Wons". So being the wonderful wife, I walked back to our house (about 3 minutes, up hill I might add) to get more money. I got back quickly and we proceeded to check out. Come to find out, we STILL didn't have enough money. So we
had to somehow explain to the woman that we needed to put a few
things back because we don't have enough money with us ... remind you we do not speak the same language. She somehow understood as Tim stood, money in hand and handing a few items back to her saying "no, put back". Needless to say, we now know how much to expect to spend when getting food. It's not that the food is outrageously expensive, we just have NOTHING in our house. So what, we spent close to 90,000 Won = a little less than $90 US and along the way got a few experiences to share :). At least they delivered our groceries right to our front door!
Wow, Kristin! It sounds like y'all are settling in pretty well and you already have some good stories!! Keep em up! Love you!
ReplyDelete