28 February 2011

Happy 25th!


One month ago was Tim's 25th birthday. Sorry I am a little behind on posting. His birthday sort of snuck up on me this year, and I didn't feel prepared at all. Tim got lucky this year, and his birthday fell right amist a holiday here in Korea... Lunar New Year. So, we had to work on his birthday (Feb. 1), but the following 5 days we had off (Wed.-Sun.). Lucky him!! I attempted to plan a last minute ski trip for those few days, but considering it was a major holiday in Korea, we couldn't get a place to stay.

Being the lazy pregnant wife that I have been the past few months, I did a last minute shopping trip to D.C. Mart (our neighborhood wal-mart; which honestly can't be compared) the day of his birthday, and picked him up a few glasses that he had been eyeing for his most recent home brew (aka. homemade beer).  He was completely thrilled about the gift, considering he knew I waited until the last minute... which was a first for me.

Along with the glasses, I made a large home cooked meal for him and our closest friends here in Seoul. I searched and found frozen okra at an international market, and fried it up from scratch. Along with it I made: pork tenderloins, garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized carrots, rolls (from Costco), and mushroom rice. It turned out great, with plenty of left overs.

My big surprise for him, however, was the dessert... Guinness Brownie Muffins with a Bailey's Irish Cream Icing and a Chocolate Whiskey Ganache filling... and yes, it was as delicious as it sounds. The recipe can be found here.

I don't know what he would say about it, but I think for all my procrastination, Tim had a good 25th birthday. Eating until you can't eat any more and hanging out with friends!


 The pork Tenderloin 





1 comment: