Now a little background on the student before you read the letter... She's Korean ethnicity, but lived in Canada most of her childhood. Her parents are not Christians, so she has been in the "non-christian" track at our school, OASIS. She was a freshman our first year at the school, so this year she was a sophomore. She has matured a lot over the past 2 years!! She is one of the students who is ALWAYS in Tim's office after school. She has really connected with us. While I was pregnant we really bonded. She loves kids, and really wants some of her own one day. She always kissed my belly, or touched it. When she saw me, she would say hello to the baby first.
Through this past year, she began to ask a lot of questions about Christianity. She read up on a lot of things, and even went to church with some teachers. Through the year she came to know the Lord as her Father! It has been such an honor to watch her mature and learn in all aspects of her life. Her love for the Lord, and her yearning for Him is evident in her letter.
oh and she is a very lively girl :) so some of the things may seem "strange" in the letter... that's just her personality.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Congratulations :)
I'm a dork so I wrote a letter to Titus.
Dear Titus Jae Linn,
Hello. This is your unofficial godmother writing this to you on July
1, 2011. By the time you can read this fluently, I'll probably have
kids of my own, and you might be bullying them or something. But I
forgive you in advance.
Anyways. I'm not sure if you were born today or before. Sorry:(
BUT IF YOU WERE BORN TODAY, congratulations, since it's Canada Day.
And guess who's Canadian?
I just wanted to wish you a happy birth. I've been anticipating this
for a while now, and the whole time this week I've been having random
spasms telling people that you should be born soon.
Your nickname is Tommy, and this is because your lovely parents
refused to tell me your name for the majority of the time your mother
was impregnated(?) with you. That's an awkward word isn't it?
I love you so so much. So please.. do not get creeped out by me.
You have no idea how many times I've touched your mother's belly
button or pressed down on your foot when you were pushing on your
mother's stomach. You look really cute in your picture, and I hope
that as you're reading this, you appreciate your parents.
Your mom probably had a very hard time during this past year, but she
also told me that it is the happiest time in her life. So, you should
really appreciate her. I hope you're not at that really rebellious
stage in your life when you resent everyone around you. BUT if you
are, let me know and I'll buy you a ton of chocolate you make you feel
better.
More than anything, I hope you grow up to match your parents' faith in
Him. I hope you grow up knowing what is important, and what is worth
living and dying for.
I hope you grow up to be as admirable and loving as those who raised
and love you.
Love,
**** (your unofficial godmother)"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment